Code of Conduct
Culture Summit is dedicated to providing a safe, harassment-free environment for all participants.
We invite you to help us make this conference a place that is welcoming and respectful for all participants, regardless of race, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, national origin, ethnicity, or religion.
We expect all participants — attendees, speakers, sponsors, exhibitors, organizers, and volunteers — to treat others with respect and abide by the following Code of Conduct at all times throughout the conference. This includes social events at off-site locations, online activities and social media before, during and after the conference itself.
These behaviors, in any form, will not be tolerated at Culture Summit:
- Harassment (see full definition below)
- Intimidation, deliberate stalking or following
- Use of sexualized language, images, or clothing. This includes presentations, slides, and speaker content.
- Possession and/or use of illegal substances
- Possession of an item that can be used as a weapon causing harm to others
Our definition of harassment includes:
- Unwelcome or hostile behavior, including verbal or written comments that intimidate, create discomfort, or interfere with a person’s participation in the conference
- Unwelcome physical contact
- Unwelcome sexual attention
Consequences of Unacceptable Behavior
Participants asked to stop unacceptable behavior are expected to comply immediately. Participants who violate the Code of Conduct may be expelled from the conference and related-activities without a refund and/or banned from future events at the discretion of the organizers.
If You Experience or Witness Unacceptable Behavior
We need your help to keep the conference community safe, accountable and responsible. If you experience or witness any forms of unacceptable behavior, please bring your concerns to the immediate attention of conference staff (who will be wearing easily identifiable conference t-shirts) or email [email protected].
Conference staff will be happy to assist those experiencing harassment to feel safe for the duration of the conference.
We’d like to thank Culture Summit participants in advance for your help in keeping the event safe, welcoming and respectful for all.